1. Measure the book and add the thickness of the board on each side of book.
2. Cut out 2 faces, 3 sides from the Davey Boards.
3. Glue lining paper onto the Davey Boards for the inside.
4. Glue three of the sides to one of the faces. (see below)
5. Then glue the top to complete the box.
6. Measure the book cloth by adding .5 to 1 inch on each end.
7. Glue the book cloth to the outside of the box.
8. Glue the box on both faces.
9. Cut the end flaps at the spine.
10. Fold the flaps in at the spine, and then fold the flaps into the box.
11. If there is excess book cover sticking out, cut it off.
12. Cut the ends at the opening of the box.
This project only took me 2.5 hours. It went by fast and I felt very good about the final product. The way the book cloth feels. It made the book seem more valuable than me paying 50 cents for it at Goodwill.