Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Big Weekend (TBW)

God, in His infinite ways, is good. He never leaves us where He found us. There is a future for us in Christ. (Jeremiah 29:11) The Big Weekend made me think: What legacy will I leave behind if my last day is tomorrow? The most I could pray is that I left moments of laughter, moments of love, moments of acceptance so intense that my moments of weakness are inconsequential in comparison. The certainty is that they are not. Yet, I am reminded that God uses broken people, but we have to be open and obedient to Him. Struggling between obedience and self is a hard battle, but Jesus already won the war.

Our motives will determine our ambition and how much we will accomplish for God. The Big Weekend filled my cup of dream to want more as a daughter of Christ. I want to leave a reputation where my Father God will say, “Well done my good and faithful servant.” I wish to leave a legacy which God used to transform the temporary into the eternal. God placed this desire in my heart.

The Holy Spirit fell more on me and in me during TBW. My heart longs to pursue God with a new passion to seek His will, an eagerness to listen for His voice, a craving to be at His feet. My body weeps knowing that chasing Him and finding Him is the greatest joy. (Jeremiah 29:13)

Reign, reign, reign of the Spirit, fall on us now!

No comments: