Monday, March 30, 2009

Hearing God

These past few weeks, my heart has been aching to know more of God, to sense Him and to hear Him. There are four keys to hearing God: 1. Be still and quiet your mind, 2. Look for a vision, 3. Allow spontaneous thoughts that uplifts you, 4. Write it down as God speaks to you.

I have a hard time sitting still and allowing the Presence of God to guide me sometimes, but tonight, I read a profound poem by Helen Mallicoat. It helps me to sense God in a tangible way.

------

I was regretting the past
And fearing the future.
Suddenly, my Lord was speaking:

"My name is I Am." He paused.
I waited. He continued,
"When you live in the past,
With its mistakes and regrets,
It is hard. I am not there.
My name is not I Was.

"When you live in the future,
With its problems and fears,
It is hard. I am not there.
My name is not I Will Be.

"When you live in this moment,
It is not hard. I am here.
My name is I Am."

------


Take a moment and drink it in. I am.

No comments: