Thursday, October 4, 2012

Kick Fear to the Curb -DAY 1

Using FreedomCollage to build courage and confidence.

FreedomCollage is simple. It’s a process using found images in magazines and old books that call to your soul and spirit.  There is healing putting the images together to tell a story or to show you your fears.  Once you know your fears, you can face it and kick it to the curb. A new sense of freedom will surely fall on you. Part of overcoming fear, you need to put your focus on things that are good and positive.

The worse kinds of fear is not fear from without, but fear from within. FreedomCollage is to help overcome the fear from within. It was created for inner healing.

Start by making a list of what you are afraid of. Some people have the fear of being alone, being without a boyfriend. Some are afraid of disappointing their parents. Some are afraid of failure. What are you afraid of? Make a list and pick the one fear you would like to work on first. I have the fear of rejection, of failure, of public speaking.

The FreedomCollage I worked on today was a simple one. I want to kick my fear of public speaking. When it comes to public speaking, I am afraid people will think I am stupid because I might not stand tall, or say the right thing at the right time.

Everyday, I will create a FreedomCollage on fears I want to kick or dreams I want to come true.  I will share my process and my discovery.  I hope you will leave comments with your self-discovery, too.

Supplies Needed:
Scissors
Cardboard/Paper
Glue
Images from magazines
Encouraging words or verses from Bible

I am a visual person, so besides praying, seeing the words and pictures help me as well.

Below is my FreedomCollage for kicking my fear of public speaking.  I found words of encouragement from magazines and other images I thought suit my needs. Let you spirit guide you as to where you should place the images and words. It is healing when you allow yourself to be in control and free to let go of your fear.


 



















2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

Written to bless you by Linh Dang {Photographer, Artist, Writer}
Founder of FreedomCollage

No comments: