Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Kick Fear to the Curb –DAY 5


My boyfriend has to work late tonight and won’t be able to take me out for dinner. He won’t even be able to get to his home until past 11PM. Ding. Ding. Ding. Red Flag. Red Flag. 

My fear of being cheated on was screaming, “What? Are you sure you are working?”  

Don’t get me wrong. He has never cheated on me, but my fears put negative thoughts in my head.  He is a great boyfriend and treats me very well.

What I did the minute I heard the news that he will be “working late”, I turned on the radio to KLOVE and soaked in the worship music to drown out the bad thoughts.

This piece shows a little girl screaming, “forget about it”! Forget about the bad thoughts because Apostle Paul tells us to think of good thoughts.  

Philippians 4:8  Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.”

I thought of photography, I thought of erasing the bad thoughts and thought of all the good things my boyfriend has done for me. He’s a great guy and I am happy to be with him.

Next time you have negative thoughts, ask yourself if this is true and think of only good and noble things.




Written to bless you by Linh Dang {Photographer, Artist, Writer}
Founder of FreedomCollage




No comments: