Friday, October 5, 2012

Kick Fear to the Curb –DAY 2


Another way of facing your fear is by putting yourself where you can practice overcoming it.  One of my fears is being vulnerable.  I am afraid to let people in because they will see my dysfunction and all the baggage –even if they are packed colorfully and neatly.

I face my fear of vulnerability by allowing people to open the suitcase. But I do it one at a time, small suitcase first – of course. When you open one baggage and the person doesn’t run away, you feel a little safer to give them another to open. Then next thing you’ll know, all the suitcases are open and the truth of your past, who you are, it is out in the open and you have nothing to hide. Fears live in the dark, when you bring it to the light, it can’t survive.

Work on your next collage and let go of the fear. It’s like peeling one layer of an onion at a time until it’s all gone.

With this collage below, I cut up a perfect picture of a young girl into smaller pieces. This represents my inner self- a little girl.  The World can be curl and will cut you down to pieces. If you noticed the face below, the nose is missing, the hair and ears are missing. This is me putting myself back together the best I can. I am not completely whole, but I am not hideous either. The lamppost represents the light I carry - the Bible and my love for God. Notice how colorful the background and luggage are? Though life can through you curve-balls, you can still make that home run with joy in your heart.



Written to bless you by Linh Dang {Photographer, Artist, Writer}
Founder of FreedomCollage



No comments: