Thursday, February 21, 2008

City of Angels

“Some things are true whether you believe it or not”. I love collecting quotes from movies and this one is from the City of Angels. It’s interesting how God allows the angels to look into our world, but they can never enter it. They are works of art, yet they find us fascinating.

On the sixth day, God created Adam and Eve and He said it was very good. (Genesis 1:27-31) Then there was the Fall of Man (Genesis 3). We bring God great joy and great sorrow. Why should He love us so much when we take Him on an emotional roller-coaster ride? Is it just because we belong to Him? Does loving us bring some kind of cadence to His heart? These are questions I would like to ask Jesus. It is hard for me to fathom that anyone would love a person who could bring so much misery into your life. Take that and times it by a billion people. God deals with this everyday, every hour, every minute.

One of my guy friends and I conversed about relationships last night. He asked me if I was willing to take the risk and move forward towards a committed relationship. After being hurt from my last attempt, I don’t know if I have the courage to put my heart on a platter again. Is there an aesthetic to pain? Perhaps not everything needs to be resolved. Perhaps we should allow some uncertainty to exist or else we won’t appreciate the certain. Either way, his question brought a lot of issues to light. He helped me see that I enjoy my time with God right now and that I am more in love with Jesus now than I ever have been. Right now, that’s all that matters to me –my relationship with Father God.

No comments: