Saturday, February 23, 2008

Philippians 1:20

20 “For I live in eager expectation and hope that I will never do anything that causes me shame, but that I will always be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past, and that my life will always honor Christ, whether I live or I die.”

Your focus will determine the meaning you attached to whatever that is going on in your life. I had a conversation with a “cultural” Christian man and he said it was very odd of me for talking about Christ all the time. Lilting my head with a puzzled look on my face, I asked, “What? You don’t talk to people about Jesus?” With indignant and disgust, he responded, “No. It’s none of their business.”

I have a “devout” Christian girl friend who told me that she wish she could be more like me. She thinks I talk to strangers about God as if I were talking about the colors of the sky. I was mystified and asked, “You don’t talk about Jesus?” She asked simply, “No, not unless they ask me or if I feel it’s safe to.”

My “atheist” friends told me that even though I talk about religion all the time, they still like hanging out with me because I don’t try to convert them. They correlate my “religious” talk to deep conversation. Though the veracity is that I am just planting seeds in their hearts.

Am I a Jesus freak or a rebel? I love Jesus. He pulled me out of the abyss and poured love on me. How can I not talk about a God who teaches me every day to become a better person? How can I not share my discoveries with people? What I have learned so far is pure gold.

I learn that what you believe is more powerful than what you say. I believe that earth is a place of pain and misery, that when you focus on the Word of God, the will of God, the love of God, you will be invincible. Hurting people need to know that there is something better for them. I don’t think I am a freak –I just love people too much to let them burn in their own flesh.

No comments: